The next meeting of the AdJASA public procurement Special Interest Group will take place on 20 February 2019 in Sandton, Johannesburg, at the offices of Pinsent Masons. Videoconferencing facilities will be arranged in Cape Town (details to follow), for those who are not able to make it to Johannesburg.
The topics to be covered (in no particular order), and speakers, are:-
- Getting to grips with Gijima: the implications of State Information Technology Agency SOC Limited v Gijima Holdings
- Professor Cora Hoexter, School of Law, University of the Witwatersrand
- Liability of Public Officials for Irregular Expenditure: Focus on the Irregular Expenditure Framework issued recently by the Office of the Accountant General
- Dineshni Govender, Senior Manager: Compliance, Transnet
- A review of the new, draft National Treasury Control Framework for Infrastructure Delivery and Procurement Management
- Dr Allison Anthony, Senior Lecturer, UNISA
- A review of recent procurement case law
- Jan-Hugo Fyfer, Candidate Attorney, Pinsent Masons
If the Public Procurement Bill has been made available for public comment before the meeting, we will do our best to incorporate a discussion / analysis thereof.
Further reminders and details of the event will follow in due course, but kindly RSVP (indicating whether you will attend in Johannesburg or Cape Town) to Jan-Hugo.Fyfer@pinsentmasons.com.